We got nominated by Lee from Tolkien Read Trough – thank you so much 🙂
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So let’s answer some questions:
Why did you start blogging?
Sam: Mostly because Frodo and I wanted to do Youtube videos, but don’t live in the same place, which made that quite difficult – which was why we decided to do it in writing instead. And now here I am.
Frodo: To collect my thoughts back in 2011. It really helped me through some bad times and I made some friends along the way.
Do you have other platforms online?
Sam: You mean beside the Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter for this blog? No.
Frodo: I have a private blog. But since it is kind like my personal diary… it doesn’t really count. So right now… nope.
Outside of blogging, do you engage in other types of writing?
Sam: I do. A lot less these days because I have too little time, but I’m still doing my best to finish the novel I’m currently working on.
Frodo: Yes I do. Writing stories. But I never finished one or even published a book like Sam.
If you could only visit one more new place the rest of your life, which destination would it be?
Frodo: New? So no New Zealand? Okay… well then Iceland. The photos of this country are beautiful. If I could I would go there right now!
What things are you most grateful over in your life?
Sam: My friends – they’re the family I picked for myself because they’re as crazy as I am and that’s amazing.
Frodo: Friends & Family – I am really, really luck to have all these amazing people in my life.
What are the top three fictional characters you relate the most to?
Sam: Samwise Gamgee, Hermione Granger, Sam Winchester.
Frodo: Is it cheating when I say the same names?
Do you have your dream job/education?
Sam: Writer, but that’s never going to happen. So I settled on social worker.
Frodo: Also writer.
Have you ever gone to the cinema or a restaurant alone?
Frodo: Yes to both. More than once.
Where in the world do you live and do you like it there?
Sam: I moved up north a few months ago and it’s so f*cking cold! But it’s an awesome city, and I love it. I also have an awesome apartment, a good job, university is fun, and I’ve met so many great people!
Frodo: I hated it – well I thought it was boring. Then I finished school and started to see the world. But the funny thing is, I live very close to my hometown again. And I like it a lot and I think it is quite pretty. Sometimes you need some distance to remember and appreciate things you always had.
What content to do you enjoy blogging about the most?
Sam: Well, I’m gonna surprise everyone reading this and say: *drumrolllll* fandoms. Shocker, I know.
Frodo: Fandoms 😀 (and everything connected to them).
If you could meet three historical persons (who are now deceased), who would it be?
Sam: Anne Frank, because she sounds like an intelligent girl with incredible positivity that I would love to talk to. Jesus, because I would love to know what it was about him that made people create an entire f*cking religion around him. And Jean-Jacques Rousseau to stop him from writing his Confessions and save so many kids in French schools the torture of reading that cr*p.
Frodo: J.R.R. Tolkien (no suprise here), Jesus would be awesome and Gandhi 🙂
Here are our questions:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- If you could change one thing about your favorite book/movie/TV-show, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite person in the world (real or fictional)?
- What is the best thing about your life right now?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- What is/was your favorite subject in school?
- What do you have the most pictures of on your phone?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Forest or ocean?
- Something you have always wanted to do but never had the chance/money/courage to do?
The girls from The Travelling Geek Show