You people are awesome! We got nominated for another Liebster Award by The sparkly reader! Thank you so much!
But since we were already nominated for this one, but we are going to answer the question, because they’re really interesting – and about books. Here are the questions and our answers :
1. What book/series got you into reading?
Frodo: This isn’t easy to answer. My parents always read to me when I was younger – technically, it was usually my mum who read to me; my dad told me stories. The library was right next to my school, so I spent a lot of time there. But I guess the series which pushed me even more into reading was Narnia.
Sam: Inkheart. I was 7 or 8, I’m not sure, and my mom read the first one and kept talking about it, so curious little Sam wanted to read it too. It’s been going downhill ever since – too many books, too little money (the struggle is real!).
2. If you could trade places with any fictional character in a book, who would it be and why?
Oh my god why would you do this to us? Why do we have to pick one? Or two. Since we’re two Hobbits, we’re gonna cheat and choose two. Hermione Granger, because she’s smart and badass, and although she may not live in the safest of worlds or hang out with the safest of people (Harry does seem to attract trouble, and Hermione, great friend that she is, always follows him), she can do magic – and, come on, who wouldn’t want to be able to do magic? And we’d like to believe that, if we were in her situation, living in her world, we could be as smart (or at least studious) and badass as she is. Second one would be Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments. That world is so awesome! We’d learn how to be badass Shadowhunters – and the fact that they’re only very, very good-looking people in Cassandra Clare’s world really doesn’t hurt either.
3. Have you ever cried while reading a book, if so which book was it?
Frodo: Yes, I have. More than once. But the book that really hit me was Lord of the Rings. I cried myself dry at the end.
Sam: If you don’t cry while reading a book, you might be reading the wrong book. First time I actually really cried was when Fred Weasley died in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, although I’ve teared up many times before. The two books that have made me cry the most were The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
4. What book to movie adaptation did you think failed the most?
Frodo: Eragon! Holy crap the movie was bad.
Sam: I usually try not judging a movie by its book, simply because it makes enjoying the movie so much easier. I’ve been disappointed, though, many times. First one that comes to mind – besides Eragon, because I totally agree with Frodo on that one – is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. They left out so, so many important things from the books just to focus on the stupid teenage love-stuff; Tom Riddle’s past, for example. Didn’t we all want to see more of Voldemort as a student? Instead, we got cringe-worthy awkward scenes between Ginny and Harry and an entire two memories of Tom Riddle.
5. If you could travel to any book setting, what would it be? (i.e. Narnia, Hogwarts.. etc).
Again with the hard questions! But, again, since there’s two of us, we’re chosing two – and adding the possibility of visiting each other, cause I’m not going anywhere without my Frodo. So, it’s going to be Middle-Earth and Hogwarts.
6. What book genre do you dislike the most?
Frodo: School books. 😛
Sam: Biographies. I don’t know why, but I don’t like reading about people’s lives. I’m not saying they’re not interesting, I’m sure they are, I jut prefer to read something fictional vs. something real. I also kind of dislike the fact that most of those who publish their biography while they’re still alive use ghost-writers. I don’t really know why that bothers me so much, because not everyone can write good stories, but it kinda does.
7. Where do you prefer to get your books – the bookstore or library?
Frodo: When I was younger in the library. Now I love to own them and bookstores are just amazing places.
Sam: Bookstore. I like owning books, putting them on my shelves so I can look at them and read them again and again and again whenever I feel like it. And I like the feeling I get when going into a bookstore – the smell of freshly printed books, books that haven’t been opened yet and are just waiting for the one who finally buys them and gets to listen to the new pages turn and the ever so slight crack of the back of a book that hasn’t been read yet.
8. What is the longest you read for (in hours)?
Frodo: Oh… I guess it was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I started reading in the afternoon and finished it in the morning ( yes, school was on that next day) – so around 11-12 hours.
Sam: Uh. I’m not really sure. I read the last Harry Potter in 10 hours and only stopped to go to the bathroom. I was very tired and hungry when I finally set the book down, but I was very, very satisfied. And kinda sad, of course.
9. If you could redesign any book cover, what book would it be and what would the design be like?
Frodo: Never thought of that. I have no idea.
Sam: I’ve never really thought about that. I don’t think I would change any cover – I kinda liked every one of them so far. Or at least never hated one enough to actually think about what I would change it into.
10. Do you like to eat while you read?
Frodo: When I’m really hungry, yes. But I like to enjoy my books without any distraction.
Sam: I don’t mind eating while I’m reading, but I don’t have to. If it’s a good book I won’t lie it down just because I have to do something as boring and normal as eat, but I’m usually careful because books are precious and I don’t want to spill anything on them.
11. What is your favourite place to read?
Frodo: My bed or on the couch.
Sam: Anywhere comfortable where I can lie back and stay in the same position for hours.
Some random facts about us:
1. We both own the One Ring and the Evenstar.
2. We bought two (!) cars back in New Zealand. (The first one was cr*p on wheels…)
3. Because of Frodo, Sam read all Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices books in like two weeks.
4. Because of Sam, Frodo binge-watched Teen Wolf in one and a half week.
5. We saw Captian America 2 three times in cinema.
6. Sam owns three “Always keep fighting” T-Shirts.
7. We are like an married couple.
8. 90 % of the time we think alike. Even when we are just chatting over whatsapp.
9. When it comes to soda we only drink coke zero.
10. Frodo only needs fruit to survive (ok and water 😀 and air… 😛 – and Sam! Hello?)
11. Our blog has now a facebook fanpage *yaaay*
And finally a few questions for you:
1. If you could erase your memory of one book so you could read it again, which one would it be and why?
2. If you could bring back one character from the dead, who would it be?
3. One book that has been standing on your shelf unread for a long time but somehow you still haven’t gotten around to reading it…?
4. Which character have you hated the most?
5. Most anticipated sequel (past or present)?
6. Which character have you missed the most in a movie adaptation?
7. Is there a book that you have read countless times but still love to read? Which one?
8. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
9. If you could have one book character as a best friend, who would it be?
10. If you could own one item from one book (it would keep all it’s abilities if it had any), what would it be? What would you do with it?
11. Do you prefer books being adapted to the big screen or the small screen?
and everyone who would like to answer our questions 🙂