Here comes part 2 of the questionnaire!
You may notice that some of the questions differ from the picture, but let’s ignore that and enjoy the answers 😉 This time it’s my turn since Frodo answered the first 25 questions.
26. Which character would you go on an adventure with? Aragorn, Gandalf and Éowyn. And Frodo, of course. I need my Frodo.
27. Weapon of choice? Andúril.
28. Do you think you would volunteer to destroy the ring? I’d like to think so, yes. If I were in Frodo’s situation, I think I’d probably just have volunteered so the rest of them shut up.
29. Most attractive character? I’m gonna go with the mainstream here and say Legolas.
30. Do you own any LOTR merchandise? Yes, but it’s mostly jewelry (the One Ring, the Evenstar, Aragorn’s ring, Nenya, and Elven Leaf brooch) and an Andúril letter opener.
31. Have you read the books? Technically, no, but I listened to the audiobooks, does that count? And Frodo read them numerous times, so she’s my Middle-Earth encyclopedia when it comes to the books.
32. Have you ever had a LOTR marathon? Describe your perfect marathon. Numerous, yes. Perfect marathon: chocolate, and Frodo.
33. When did you first watch the movies? I was 8 when I watched the first one, but then I had to wait for two years to watch the second one because my mother wouldn’t let me see it before I was at least 10. And the books? I listened to the audiobooks around that time, too.
34. What is your favorite film/book? Don’t make me pick! All three of them are perfect.
35. Get drunk with, marry and fight to the death (pick 3 characters). Uh, that’s a tough one. Gimli, Sam and probably Frodo because I’d at least stand a chance against him in a fight and wouldn’t die in seconds. My Frodo would probably kill me very fast, though.
36. Which scene scares you the most? The one in The Fellowship of the Ring where Bilbo almost turns into Gollum for a couple of seconds. That still made me jump years after I’d seen it for the first time.
37. Gondor or Rohan? Another tough one. I love both. But I’m gonna go with Gondor because Minas Tirith is beautiful and awesome and they seem more cheerful than the people in Rohan.
38. Which character(s) would you want to be your parent(s)? Well, I think it would be rather fun to have Gandalf as a parent (although, given his physical appearance of an old man, he’d probably be a grandparent rather than a parent). He’d be both exasperated and mesmerized at the things kids do; and he gives great advice, if he’s not speaking in riddles.
39. Which character(s) would you want to be your best friend(s)? I already have my Frodo, so maybe Aragorn and Merry; Aragorn for the badass-ness and the fighting and Merry for the fun stuff.
40. When was the last time you watched the movies? In April. A friend and I watched them the day before we went to HobbitCon.
41. Who is your favorite horse? Shadowfax.
42. If you could spend a day in Middle-Earth, what would you want to do? Since a day is way too short to go see all the amazing places, I’d probably want to sit down with Gandalf in Bag End or Rivendell and tell me stories while smoking his pipe.
43. Is there anything you would change about the books? Yes and no. No, because they’re perfect as they are, and yes, because there’s not enough female characters.
44. What do you think is the greatest lesson LOTR has to offer? Fight for what you love, because “even the smallest person can change the course of the future”.
45. What would your dream home in Middle-Earth be like? I’d want to live in the Shire, probably Hobbiton because after having been to Hobbiton, who wouldn’t want to live there? I’d have a red door, and a table and benches and chairs in the garden so everyone can come and go as they please, because I just love having many people for dinner or lunch or elevensies – eating on your own is boring and lonely.
46. How would you describe what LOTR means to you in one word? Home.
47. Which death makes you the most sad? Boromir, I think. I didn’t particularly like him when I first saw The Fellowship Of The Ring, but after seeing Faramir’s flashbacks my heart broke for him. Also, I always get goosebumps at his last words: “I would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king“.
48. Favorite behind-the-scenes moments from the films? I’m not picking one, there’s way too many!
49. If you could own any item from the films, what would it be? Andúril. I love that sword. Or maybe Sting, so I could give it to Frodo – she’s wanted Sting for a looooong time.
50. If you had the opportunity to meet the Professor, what do you think you would say? Thank you from the bottom of my heart.